1/24/22 – Episode 29
Renji Bijoy is the founder of Immersed, a portable, distraction-free workspace powered by VR. Immersed is in partnership with Facebook, Microsoft, and HTC and is the best way to work remotely without sacrificing productivity. In 2021, Renji was featured in Forbes 30 Under 30 list and is a proud PhD dropout.
About Renji Bijoy:
Renji Bijoy received his B.S. in Mathematics & Computer Science along with completing a Pre-Med track at Emory University. He also received his M.S. in Computer Science from Georgia Institute of Technology. He started his career as a Software Engineer at NCR Corporation and later Career Builder. From there, he became a Lead Architect at Tin Roof Software, Engineering Mentor at Viking Education and Firehouse Project. In 2017 he founded Immersed, where he now leads as CEO and CTO.
In this episode with Renji, you’ll learn:
- How he grew his software development career at quicker-than-average rate
- The catalyst for Immersed for he dropped out of his PhD program
- How Immersed promotes engagement among remote workers
- How they’re partnering with Facebook
- What he would do if he wasn’t at Immersed
- The future of Immersed and if he sees an IPO or acquisition in the future
- Common misconceptions about VR
- Advice he has for other entrepreneurs
- Why he recommends being an industry leader depsite the challenges
- His experience as a solo founder
Mentioned in this episode…