1/31/22 – Episode 30
Lee Mayer is Co-Founder and CEO of Havenly, a convenient, personal way to redecorate your home room by room, on any budget. After a career in corporate development and consulting, Lee founded Havenly not because she wanted to start a company but because she needed help designing her new home. In today’s episode, Emily and Lee chat about being an ‘accidental entrepreneur’ and what it takes to make it as one.
About Lee Mayer:
Lee Mayer received her Bachelor’s from Columbia University and her MBA from Harvard. She started her career in strategic planning and corporate development with Canon, then joined Bain & Company for a couple years. She took on a leadership role with Bankrate as the VP and GM of auto insurance before founding her own company, Havenly.
In this episode with Lee, you’ll learn:
- How Lee became an “accidental” entrepreneur
- How she approached founding Havenly from a customer perspective when she moved to Denver
- Her expereince co-founding the company with her sister
- How she handles rejection while fundraising
- What being an entrepreneor looks like to Lee
- Changes she’s seen in the interior design industry
- Why she’s drawn to the consumer space as an entrepreneur and investor
- Lessons she’s learned along her journey
- How Lee measures her success
- The word she uses to describe her journey
Mentioned in this episode…