3/15/22 – Episode 36
Todd Mickelsen is the CEO of Converus, a disruptive technology in the lie detection space. With 25+ years of high-tech senior management experience, Todd discusses with Emily what it takes to be an effective leader, why Converus, and the importance of disruptive technology.
About Todd Mickelsen:
Todd Mickelsen is an alumnus of Brigham Young University, and has experience in product marketing and management in a variety of high tech companies including: Microsoft, OpenText and Ancestry.com. He joined the Converus team as CEO in October 2013 where he still serves today.
In this episode with Todd, you’ll learn:
- What drew him to entrepreneurship and startups
- The catalyst for Converus as a disruptive lie detection technology
- The science behind EyeDetect
- What he thinks makes an effective leader
- Why they took the risk to expand and build teams in the UK and Germany
- What Todd would be doing if he wasn’t a CEO
- Advice he has for entrepreneurs: nail product-market fit
- Trends he sees in the deception detection space
- What motivates him every day
- What word he would use to describe his journey
Mentioned in this episode…
Enjoy this episode and subscribe to Slice’d Podcast wherever you listen to your podcasts!
To learn more about Todd’s journey, read his article “Corruption and Lies”