3/21/22 – Episode 37
Aaron Stachel is a Partner at FirstMile VC, a Colorado-focused venture firm who is betting big on the Front Range.
About Aaron Stachel:
Aaron Stachel received his BS in Economics and Systems Engineering from West Point and was an Aviation Officer for the US Army for 10 years. He then went back to school and received his MBA in Finance from the University of Denver, during which he held two internships in consulting, finance and operations. Afterward, he worked at Newmont Corporation in Corporate Strategy, then was Principal at PV Strategies. In 2013 he joined FirstMile VC as a Principal, and in 2018 became a Partner.
In this episode with Aaron, you’ll learn:
- How Aaron got into investing
- FirstMile’s investment thesis
- Their experience with their first blockchain investment, Integra
- What challenges they face as a two-person investment firm
- Why they invest in the “first mile” fundraising stages leading to series A
- Advice he has for founders encountering obstacles
- Aaron’s experience joining FirstMile and growing his career in venture with Founding Partner Bill Miller
- What makes an impressive pitch deck
- His advice for people just getting started in VC
- How he measures his success