1/17/22 – Episode 28
Swapnil Shinde is the CEO of Zeni, a company that he founded with his twin brother. Zeni is a full-service, AI-powered finance team created to help startups and small businesses manage their finances with 100% accuracy. Before Zeni, Swapnil founded two startups (also with his twin brother) and sold one to American Express.
About Swapnil Shinde:
Swapnil studied Computer Engineering at the College of Engineering Pune and received his Master’s in Computer Science from the University of Southern California. He started his career as a Software Engineer with IBM prior to going back to school to receive his MBA. He then worked at Symantec Corporation and Yahoo before embarking on his entrepreneurial journey. Along with his twin brother, Swapnil co-founded Dhingana (acquired by Rdio), Mezi (acquired by American Express), and Zeni where he now leads as CEO. Swapnil also serves as General Partner with Twin Ventures, an AI-focused angel fund.
In this episode with Swapnil, you’ll learn:
- What drew Swapnil to computer science and technology
- The catalyst for his first company, Dhingana, which he refers to as the “Spotify” for Bollywood music
- His experience co-founding three companies with his twin brother
- The mission of Zeni to help startups with finance using AI
- The biggest risks he’s taken on his entrepreneurial journey so far
- How they used customer feedback before building Zeni
- What Swapnil would do if he wasn’t an entrepreneur
- His advice for fellow entrepreneurs