1/10/22 – Episode 27
Max Elder is a Co-Founder and CEO of Nowadays, a plant-based meat that’s guilt-free and healthy for both you and the planet. Max has experience consulting across the global food value chain Before Nowadays, Max was a fellow at the Oxford Centre for Animal Ethics, research director at the Institute for the Future, and advised organizations like the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Campbell’s, Hershey, and Google on the future of food.
About Max Elder:
Max Elder is from Massachusetts and attended Kenyon College studying Philosophy. Since 2012 he has been a fellow at the Oxford Centre for Animal Ethics where he has been researching and publishing journal articles and book chapters on issues related to animal farming, aquaculture, bivalve farming and cultured meat. Prior to founding his own plant-based food company, Nowadays, Max was a Manager at the Markle Foundation and Research Director at the Institute for the Future. He also serves on the advisory board for FoodShot Global and Food Systems for the Future.
In this episode with Max, you’ll learn:
- How he became passionate about animal ethics and plant-based meat alternatives
- Max’s experience founding Nowadays in the midst of the pandemic
- The mission of Nowadays and how they differentiate themselves
- Their experience fundraising
- How they navigate daily obstacles, including supply chain issues and labor shortages
- The importance of grit in entrepreneurship
- Max’s future goals for Nowadays and how he’s measuring his success
Mentioned in this episode…