11/12/21 – Episode 16
This episode was recorded in Arizona at the UNMET AZ conference back in early October and will be a short, but inspiring look into impactful founders and notable people from the region. On today’s Slice’d Snippet we sit down with Christie Kerner, Founder and CEO of My Little Mascara Club. Christie attended the conference and showcased her company, a monthly subscription box for makeup wearers to get fresh mascara delivered right to your door.
About Christie Kerner:
Christie Kerner received her BS in Human Resource Management and MS in Management and Leadership both from Western Governors University later in her career. She has extensive experience as an entrepreneur, with companies including Express MiE, KASSC Jewelry and currently My Little Mascara Club. Christie also gives back to Arizona’s startup community through her current work at StartupAZ Foundation and H Factor, and past work with Turbulence, IntraEdge, Startup Grind, ASU Entrepreneurship and Launch MiE.
In this episode with Christie, you’ll learn:
- What drew Christie to entrepreneurship from a young age
- Christie’s experience building both small businesses and startups
- The catalyst for My Little Mascara Club
- Why brand experience is important in the consumer goods industry
- Christie’s mission as an entrepreneur
- The challenge fundraising from male investors for a product they don’t use
- The number one skill she believes entrepreneurs need to possess