9/13/21 – Episode 5
Today’s guest is Nichole Montoya CEO and Co-Founder of Cheddar Up, a platform that helps you collect and track payments and information from your group or community. Nichole boasts over 15 years of growth and business experience. She also is a founding mentor of a notable mentorship program in the Denver area, and served on the advisory board for Denver Startup Week.
Before Cheddar Up, Nichole Montoya founded a luxury baby brand and discovered that she could be an entrepreneur. With over 15 years of growth and business experience, Cheddar Up is used by parents, schools and clubs all over the country to collect and track payments and information. She also is a founding mentor of a notable mentorship program in the Denver area and served on the advisory board for Denver Startup Week.
About Nichole Montoya:
Nichole Montoya graduated from Drake University then started her career in the consulting industry. After starting a family, Montoya founded a luxury baby brand that sparked her entrepreneurial spirit. Now, with over 15 years of experience, Montoya is Co-Founder and CEO of Cheddar Up.
In this episode with Nichole Montoya, you’ll learn:
- How consulting and parenthood led to Nichole’s first company: a luxury baby accessory company
- After the end of the baby accessory company, Nichole noticed the boom of fintech
- The challenges Nichole faced during fundraising in San Francisco vs. Denver and how it’s shaped her as an entrepreneur
- Nichole’s experience as a female founder
- Nichole and Molly’s co-founder relationship