9/13/21 – Episode 5
Today’s guest is Nichole Montoya CEO and Co-Founder of Cheddar Up, a platform that helps you collect and track payments and information from your group or community. Nichole boasts over 15 years of growth and business experience. She also is a founding mentor of a notable mentorship program in the Denver area, and served on the advisory board for Denver Startup Week.
About Nichole Montoya:
Nichole Montoya graduated from Drake University then started her career in the consulting industry. After starting a family, Montoya founded a luxury baby brand that sparked her entrepreneurial spirit. Now, with over 15 years of experience, Montoya is Co-Founder and CEO of Cheddar Up.
In this episode with Nichole Montoya, you’ll learn:
- How consulting and parenthood led to Nichole’s first company: a luxury baby accessory company
- After the end of the baby accessory company, Nichole noticed the boom of fintech
- The challenges Nichole faced during fundraising in San Francisco vs. Denver and how it’s shaped her as an entrepreneur
- Nichole’s experience as a female founder
- Nichole and Molly’s co-founder relationship
Mentioned in this episode…
South by Southwest
500 Startups Accelerator
Girl Scouts of America