9/20/21 – Episode 6
Today’s guest is Joe Thurman Co-Founder and CEO of interviewIA, a human resources SaaS platform with a mission to reduce turnover while increasing diversity in the workplace. Using deep learning Intelligence Amplification (IA) technology, the platform provides a unique and improved hiring process. Joe has over 15 years of experience in the human resources technology space, having founded three companies prior to interviewIA.
As Joe’s third venture, interviewIA was born out of a need he saw while running Jobber Group, which advised hiring managers in a service model. InterviewIA uses the technology mentioned above to make the hiring process more objective based on data that predicts a candidate’s potential ability, rather than solely looking at their past (resume).
About Joe Thurman:
Joe Thurman graduated from Colorado Technical University with a focus on Computer Science. He then founded three companies prior to interviewIA, EnsureMyStuff.com, Jobber Group and Breaking the Bias, and has held various board positions at organizations including the Colorado Technology Association, A+ Denver and the Deep Space Predictive.
In this episode with Joe Thurman, you’ll learn:
- How Joe went from connecting computers to connecting people
- The benefits of objective hiring
- The challenges Joe faced when transitioning from a service to a platform
- When to fundraise and when not to fundraise
- The sacrifices it takes to be an entrepreneur
- Where Joe sees the SaaS industry going in the future