12/13/21 – Episode 24
Dave Salvant is the Co-Founder and President at Squire. Squire is the world’s leading and fastest-growing software technology platform for barbershops, making it easy for small business entrepreneurs to run and grow their business all in one place.
About Dave Salvant:
Dave Salvant is orginally from Brooklyn, New York and attended the University of Albany to receive his B.A. in Political Science. He was initally interested in becoming an attorney, but was more drawn to economics and finance. After graduationg during the 2008 financial crisis, he took a marketing role before tranitioning to JP Morgan as Private Client Banker and AXA as a Senior Regional Sales Associate. While studying for an MBA, Dave co-founded Squire where he is now President. Squire has grown rapidly since then and is on its way to becoming the first black-owned tech unicorn.
In this episode with Dave, you’ll learn:
- What drew Dave to entrepreneurship
- How the idea for Squire came from frustations as a barber shop customer
- The state of the New York City tech scene
- The importance of mentorship along the way
- Dave and Songe’s co-founding relationship
- Their unique approach to getting feedback on their platform
- How they navigated global expansion
- The effect of COVID and how they supported their small business customers who were hit hardest
- What achieving unicorn status would mean to Dave
- Dave’s advice for entrepreneurs just getting started
Mentioned in this episode…